Sunday, May 21, 2006

My Neighbors

The little critters in this picture are a Harris' antelope squirrel (on the rock) and a round-tailed ground squirrel (standing), both of which live on the hill outside my living room window. They tend to keep to themselves and are not too friendly.

As I was focusing and shooting the round-tail squirrel, the antelope squirrel snuck up onto the rock to see what his neighbor was eating (it was a cholla flower bulb). He was gone again before the image I had just taken cleared the viewer.

There are also cottontails, quail, many types of lizards, many species of birds, and one big snake that I've seen only once. As practice for learning to use my camera more effectively, I'll be taking pictures of my neighbors. Hopefully I'll get some more nice shots to share with those of you who are fortunate enough to live some place with trees and rain.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: