Saturday, May 27, 2006

Gratitude


[image source]

I am grateful today that a couple of regular readers liked the fairy tale I posted this morning. I thank them for their comments.

Today's Friday Five in the holy memes and kosmic blog starters pod at Zaadz this week is on gratitude, so I thought I'd post my response to the questions here, too.
Week 4: Gratitude

1) What are the first things that pop into your mind that you are grateful for?

Kira, cashew butter, life, friends, my computer, my health, books, squats, water, rain, Seattle, and so on.

2) What are some not-so-obvious things that you are grateful for?

My screwed up teen years, my father's death, my mother's death, that I have no family, fear, depression, and so on.

3) How have you shown your gratitude in the past 24 hours? Past week? Your life?

Usually by saying thank you. Gratitude posts, telling KiraI love her, saying “thank you” to people who say or do nice things, prayer, offerings, by doing the best that I can with what I have been given.

4) When people show you gratitude, how do they show it to you? How would you like it to be shown?

Usually by saying thank you.

5) Do you have trouble accepting gifts and favors and showing genuine gratitude? Why or why not?

Yes. I have a hard time with people appreciating me. I have a harsh inner critic that constantly undermines my sense of worth. It's very hard for me to accept favors when they are offered.
One last thing today: I want to send blessings to TA.

For what are you grateful?


Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: