Monday, April 03, 2006

Gratitude, Day 26

Today I'm grateful that my workouts are getting more regular and more intense. Due to work obligations, travel, and a cold, my workouts were very irregular for me. I need to work out often and hard to stay sane (or at least as sane as I am).

So, more specifically, I am grateful to be doing squats again. To anyone who says weight training isn't a form of meditation, check out the single-pointed consciousness you get when squating 4oo pounds.


What are you grateful for?



[This isn't me.]

2 comments:

william harryman said...

Nah, it's not me. He's squating about 800+ pounds. My max is about 465 right now. I hope to hit 500 by the time I turn 40 (13 months).

I wish I could be that strong -- just don't have the genetics for it.

Anonymous said...

I am also grateful for the power and energy that comes from working out. It is one of the few times in the day when I can be clear and free of thoughts. Erica