FEB 27 2013
- From Life’s Little Mysteries, why haven't all primates evolved into humans?
- Human awareness of our own minds and others' is unlike that of any other animal — but why did consciousness evolve?
- Amid speculation over a Jurassic Park-like return, the question remains: Why did Neanderthals vanish in the first place?
- Aztec conquest altered genetics among early Mexico inhabitants, new DNA study shows.
- What has allowed humans to thrive? E.O. Wilson on the riddle of the human species.
- Austin Considine on how determinism and its enemies are still waging war over the soul of science.
- Marlene Zuk on misguided nostalgia for our paleo pasts: We may not feel particularly well-suited to our age, but evolutionary science suggests it's time to get our heads out of our caves.
- Brandon Keim on the surprising ways humans continue to evolve.
- Chip Walter on how the human race will come to an end — what's next?