By the way, when you read the title of this post, where was your brain, where was your mind, what were they up to as you read the title? Was your brain reading the words but your mind wandering off someplace more interesting?
Brain Awareness Week (BAW) is the global campaign to increase public awareness of the progress and benefits of brain research.
Every March, BAW unites the efforts of partner organizations worldwide in a celebration of the brain for people of all ages. Events are limited only by the organizers’ imaginations and include open days at neuroscience labs; exhibitions about the brain; lectures on brain-related topics; displays at libraries and community centers; classroom workshops; and more.
For information about becoming a partner or to register, visit Partner Registration.
Find us on Facebook!
Visit BAW Resources for event ideas, planning tips, outreach tools, education and science resources, and downloadable materials.
Search the International Calendar of Events for BAW activities.
Login to Partners Only to post events, order free materials, and submit a report, or download official BAW Logos and Other Graphic Materials including a web banner, poster, flyer, bookmark, participation certificate, and more.
- Go to Downloadable Materials for puzzles and coloring sheets.
- Get to know our BAW partners on the Partner Spotlight page.
- Search the Partner List for campaign participants.
- Read Partner Reports from around the world.
- Browse the BAW Photo Gallery from past and present campaigns.
- Consult BAW FAQ for questions about the BAW campaign and website.Brain Awareness Week was founded and is coordinated by the Dana Alliance for Brain Initiatives and European Dana Alliance for the Brain.