Monday, October 09, 2006

Speedlinking 10/9/06

I'm not going to go back to the way I did speedlinks before -- it was just too time consuming. But I do want to try to point out some cool stuff from time to time, maybe even daily (but not on any kind of strict schedule like I had before). So here are a few things I think are cool.


~ National Geographic looks (with video) at the truth behind Christopher Columbus.

~ timbomb at He's Just Had Coffee takes a look at reintegrating earlier stages through the lens of Leary's 8-circuit model of consciousness.

~ Former actor (and I use tha word lightly) Stephen Baldwin preaches to teens that Bono is in league with Satan.

~ Fineman: Evangelicals Fed Up With GOP? Howard Fineman thinks that the Christian base might be getting jaded. Money quote:
There may not be much Good News in the pews for the GOP. The tawdry parable of Mark Foley is only one reason. Maturing from rebels to political insiders, evangelicals are divided on tactics and agendas, and beginning to doubt whether it is possible to ennoble society, let alone save souls, through Christian political activism.
~ Paul Salamone is turning 30 and has some thoughts.

~ "Real Man" stereotypes keep many men from getting treatment for depression.

~ Carter Phipps reviews a lecture by Joel Garreau on his new book, Radical Evolution -- here is the link.

~ And finally, I'm way late to the party on the I AM meme, so here is a link to Diana's post on the free, open source, online movie that wants to expand your brain.


No comments: