How to fix the American political system
FEB 19 2013
- Peter Vonich (AFA): Constitutional Corruption: The Aftermath of Citizens United v. FEC.
- Eoin Carolan (UCD): Making Government Work for the 99% (and the 47%)?: Why We Need to Rethink the Separation in the Separation of Powers.
- Kurt Thurber on how to fix the American political system.
- From Wonkblog, Ezra Klein interviews Steven Teles, author of Kludgeocracy: The American Way of Policy; why Congress can’t seem to get anything done: Dylan Matthews interviews George Tsebelis, author of Veto Players; and John Sides on why gerrymandering is not what’s wrong with American politics.
- Nate Cohn on why Obama is wrong: Gerrymandering isn't to blame for the GOP fever — the real culprit is much simpler.
- John Sides and Eric McGhee on how redistricting didn’t win Republicans the House.
- 50 states redrawn: Neil Freeman on electoral college reform (fifty states with equal population).