Judith Rustin is one of the leading figures in the "new" psychoanalysis, the intersubjective systems theory approach first outlined by Robert Stolorow, George Atwood, and Donna Orange. Her most recent book is Infant Research & Neuroscience at Work in Psychotherapy: Expanding the Clinical Repertoire (Norton, 2012). She was this week's guest on the Shrink Rap Radio podcast, hosted by Dr. David Van Nuys.
Shrink Rap Radio #339 – Infant Research & Neuroscience Implications for Psychotherapy with Judith Rustin
Judith Rustin, LCSW is a faculty member and supervising psychoanalyst at the Institute for the Psychoanalytic Study of Subjectivity, New York City, The Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Study Center, in New York City and The Chinese American Psychoanalytic Association. She has lectured nationally and internationally and published scholarly papers on self-psychology, intersubjectivity systems theory and more recently the interface of infant research and neuroscience with these two psychoanalytic theories. Her published scholarly papers cover these same subjects and areas of expertise with particular emphasis on their application to the therapeutic dyad and the clinical process. In 2005, Other Press published Forms of Intersubjectivity in Infant Research and Adult Treatment, written with collaborators, Beatrice Beebe, Steven Knoblauch and Dorienne Sorter.
Prior to becoming a Psychoanalyst, Judith was an Assistant Professor, (Field Faculty) at the Columbia University School of Social Work. During that tenure she helped to develop a program that integrated disabled students on a college campus and developed models of programs to insure permanency planning for children.
Currently, she maintains a private practice in New York City.
A psychology podcast by David Van Nuys, Ph.D.
Copyright 2013: David Van Nuys, Ph.D.
Posted on February 19, 2013
Check out the following Psychology CE Courses based on listening to Shrink Rap Radio interviews:
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 1 (6 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 2 (7 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 3 (7 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 4 (6 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 5 (7 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Package of the Five Above (33 CEUs)
- Wisdom of The Dream (4 CEUs)
- Positive Psychology (6 CEUs)
- Pros and Cons of Positive Psychology (5 CEUs)
- CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY (32 CEUs)
- Body-Mind: Goodbye to Dualism (6 CEUs)
- Brain: Insights from Neuroscience (8 CEUs)
- Meditation & Psychotherapy (8 CEUs)
- Insights from Neuroscience (8 CEUs)
- Neuroscience and Healing (8 CEUs)