Frank Amthor, PhD, is the author of Neurobiology for Dummies (2014), the follow up to his popular Neuroscience for Dummies (2011). He is the guest on the most recent edition of the Brain Science Podcast, hosted by Dr. Ginger Campbell.
July 26, 2014 / Ginger Campbell, MD
Frank Amthor, PhD
Frank Amthor's latest book Neurobiology for Dummies isn't just for readers who are new to neuroscience. In this excellent follow-up to his Neuroscience for Dummies Dr. Amthor discusses a wide variety of brain-related topics. Since I have known Frank for several years it was a special treat to interview him for BSP 110. We talked about a wide variety of ideas ranging from what makes neurons special to how brains differ from current computers.
How to get this episode:
The most recent 25 episodes of the Brain Science Podcast are still FREE. See the individual show notes for links the audio files.
- FREE: audio mp3 (click to stream, right click to download)
- Buy Episode Transcript for $1.
- Premium Subscribers now have unlimited access to all old episodes and transcripts.
Reference and Links:
- Neuroscience for Dummies by Frank Amthor
- Neurobiology for Dummies by Frank Amthor
- Email Dr. Amthor at email@example.com.
- Introduction to Neurotransmitters: BSP 8
- Introduction to Neuroanatomy: BSP 32
- Thank you for your ongoing support via Donations and Premium Subscriptions.
- I need listener suggestions for which of your favorite episodes you would like me to re-release. I am creating edited versions, which I will put into the FREE feed in between new content. This will allow me to continue releasing content every month during my Palliative Care Fellowship.
- Click here to post comments on the Brain Science Podcast Discussion Forum or leave feedback on our Facebook Fan Page or Google+.
- The BSP Mobile APP is FREE for iOS, Android, and Windows 8
- Send me feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Twitter.
- I will be in Dallas, Texas August 15-17 for the Podcast Movement, which is being held at the Westin Galleria.