- A new issue of Philosophy in Review is out.
- From the Journal of Ethics and Social Philosophy, Dale Dorsey (Kansas): Objective Morality, Subjective Morality, and the Explanatory Question; and Matt King (UCLA): Moral Responsibility and Merit.
- From the latest Philosopher’s Annual, here are the ten best articles published in philosophy last year.
- A review of David Hume: Platonic Philosopher, Continental Ancestor by Bernard Freydberg.
- From io9, Charlie Jane Anders on the philosophical roots of science fiction.
- An interview with Patricia Churchland, author of Braintrust: What Neuroscience Tells Us about Morality.
- A review of From Normativity to Responsibility by Joseph Raz.
- BLS Nelson on four kinds of philosophical people.
- Richard Kraut reviews Rethinking the Good: Moral Ideals and the Nature of Practical Reasoning by Larry S. Temkin.
- Ethics without principles: Jonathan Dancy is a groovy moral philosopher who writes books about moral particularism and is always wondering what reasons count.
- Ludwig Wittgenstein’s passion for looking, not thinking: Ray Monk decodes the philosophy in the philosopher's photographs.
Monday, September 10, 2012
Bookforum Omnivore - Philosophical Roots
Bookforum's Omnivore blog recently posted another cool collection of philosophy links - Enjoy!