- A new issue of New Proposals: Journal of Marxism and Interdisciplinary Inquiry is out.
- From Triple C, Marx is back: A special issue on the importance of Marxist theory and research for critical communication studies today.
- From The Utopian, Ron Tabor on Marxist philosophy (and part 2).
- It is a paradox of Western Marxism that it insisted on its own geopolitical specificity — the West — and yet made its particularity a universal condition for the excluded Rest.
- From Green Left Weekly, who, or what, killed the US Socialist Workers Party? (and more).
- Stuart Jeffries on why Marxism is on the rise again.
- From New Left Review, T. J. Clark supplies notes for a rethinking of left politics that would recognize the impasses of the present and the horrific legacies of the past, while abandoning the mirages of futurity (and a response).
- For a New Left International: An interview with Jason Chrysostomou and Michael Albert, founders of the International Organisation for a Participatory Society (and more).
Monday, July 30, 2012
Bookforum Omnivore - Why Marxism Is Making a Comeback
Another interesting set of links form Bookforum's Omnivore column (now appearing multiple times a day, instead of only three times), this time on the resurgence of Marxism in recent years.