Visionary: Stanislav Grof, MD, PhDIn the last five decades, psychedelic therapy and other avenues of modern consciousness research have revealed a rich array of “anomalous” phenomena that have undermined some of the most basic assumptions of modern psychiatry, psychology, and psychotherapy concerning consciousness and the human psyche in health and disease. Many of these observations are so radical that they question the basic philosophical assumptions of materialistic science.
In this interview, we review these remarkable data and explore the most important major revisions that would have to be made in our understanding of consciousness, of the human psyche, and of the nature of reality to respond to these conceptual challenges. These radical changes in our thinking would fall into the following categories:
- Cartography of the Human Psyche
- Architecture of Emotional and Psychosomatic Disorders.
- Effective Therapeutic Mechanisms
- Strategy of Psychotherapy and Self-Exploration
- Role of Spirituality in Human Life
- The Nature of Reality: Psyche, Cosmos, and Consciousness
- Related Sets: "Mysteries of Consciousness" Teleseminar Series
Saturday, December 24, 2011
IONS - "Psychology of the Future" with Stanislav Grof
This is an interesting conversation with Stanislav Grof on his work in developing consciousness and psychology studies over the last 50 years. The podcast come from the Institute of Noetic Sciences library.