Sunday, June 18, 2006

Gratitude


[image source]

For The Children

The rising hills, the slopes,
of statistics
lie before us.
the steep climb
of everything, going up,
up, as we all
go down.

In the next century
or the one beyond that,
they say,
are valleys, pastures,
we can meet there in peace
if we make it.

To climb these coming crests
one word to you, to
you and your children:

stay together
learn the flowers
go light


--Gary Snyder

Today I am grateful for Kira (I always am, but moreso today). We had a relaxing day today: shared a little about what is going on in our lives, took a nap, played Scrabble, and had no agenda for getting anything done. It was peaceful, relaxed intimacy. Exactly what I needed on this Sunday.

What are you grateful for?


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a whole list of things that I am grateful for...

I am grateful for my boyfriend. He is the kindest and most patient person I know. His wisdom never ceases to surprise me.

I am grateful for all the things I have been able to achieve in life. Sometimes I forget to stop and evaluate what I actually have accomplished. Most of the time it doesn't seem like enough and I am always looking for something more. I find it hard to be content with little. I always aim high and try to do better. Therefore I am grateful for all the little thing in life.