Tuesday, March 25, 2014Tami Simon speaks with Dr. José Luis Stevens, a leading shamanic teacher who brings indigenous wisdom to personal and organizational challenges. José is the cofounder of the Power Path School of Shamanism and the author of 18 books and ebooks, including his latest book with Sounds True, Awaken the Inner Shaman: A Guide to the Power Path of the Heart. In this episode, Tami speaks with José about what the Inner Shaman is and how we can access it through practice and surrender. He explores shamanic ways of seeing, relating to your body, and actualizing your potential. José also examines the questions of trust and faith for both the Inner Shaman and the unfolding of world events. (68 minutes)
Read Transcript »
more from Jose Luis Stevens:
Awaken the Inner Shaman
Here is a description of the book:
Within you is a greater, wiser self that is not bound by your fears, worries, or perceived limitations. Dr. José Luis Stevens calls this the Inner Shaman—the part of you that connects directly to the true source of the universe. "The shamans of every tradition know that the physical world we can see and touch is a mere shadow of the true spirit world," writes Dr. Stevens. With Awaken the Inner Shaman, he presents a direct and practical guide for opening our eyes to the greater wisdom and knowing within—and stepping into the power and responsibility we possess to shape and serve our world. In this rousing and provocative book, he invites readers to discover:
Humanity has become enthralled by the Siren’s song of technological progress, which has lured us away from the spiritual source that truly sustains us. In Awaken the Inner Shaman, Dr. José Stevens challenges us to reclaim our lost power to heal, see truly, and fulfill our purpose in life. As Dr. Stevens writes: "The Inner Shaman, suppressed and ignored for centuries, can be discovered in the most obvious place possible—within your own heart."
- What is the Inner Shaman? How an understanding of our deeper spiritual potential shows up in every mystical and scientific tradition.
- Seeing through the heart—why the heart offers us the most immediate path for accessing the Inner Shaman
- Illuminating the Inner Shaman through spirituality, quantum physics, medical science, and experiential knowing
- The Inner Shaman in action—how to stop living from the egoic mind and put your true essence in charge
- Eight tools to strengthen your connection to the Inner Shaman, and much more