Dr. Bessel van der Kolk is past President of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies, Professor of Psychiatry at Boston University Medical School, and Medical Director of the Trauma Center at JRI in Brookline, Massachusetts. His books include Traumatic Stress: The Effects of Overwhelming Experience on Mind, Body, and Society, as co-editor (2006), Psychological Trauma (1987), and The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma (due out in June, 2014)
In this video, van der Kolk delivers the lecture "Childhood Trauma, Affect Regulation, and Borderline Personality Disorder" as part of the 9th Annual Yale NEA-BPD Conference.
Below the video is the full program from the 2013 BPD Conference at Yale.
Published on Jul 8, 2013
Borderline Personality Disorder and Managing Related Cognitive Challenges
- VIDEO: Welcome Remarks; Seth R. Axelrod, PhD and Perry D. Hoffman, PhD
- VIDEO: Overview of BPD-related cognitive-perceptual difficulties and challenges in their diagnosis and treatment; Gabriela Balf, MD, MPH
- VIDEO: Neuropsychological Deficits in Borderline Personality Disorder and their Implications for Treatment; Anthony C. Ruocco, PhD
- VIDEO: Is Diagnosis Destiny?; Annita Sawyer, PhD
- VIDEO: Childhood Trauma, Affect Regulation and Borderine Personality Disorder; Bessel van der Kolk, MD
- VIDEO: Introduction to The Skills System: An Emotion Regulation Skills Curriculum for All Learning Abilities; Julie F. Brown, LICSW
- VIDEO: Panel Discussion; Gabriela Balf, MD, MPH, Julie F. Brown, LICSW, Bessel van der Kolk, MD, Anthony C. Ruocco, PhD, and Annita Sawyer, PhD