- Kosta Gligorijevic (Guelph): Theology as the Limit of Science: Anaximander's Discovery of Metaphysics and the Milesian Concept of Divinity.
- Cosmin Tudor Ciocan (Ovidius): God, the Creator of the Multiverse: The Theory of Concomitance.
- David J. Davis reviews The Genesis of Science: How the Christian Middle Ages Launched the Scientific Revolution by James Hannam.
- The Dumb Ox on evolution: Thomism offers a valuable service to mankind by guiding the scientific discussions only in the direction of those theories that have a solid metaphysical foundation.
- No faith in science: Jerry A. Coyne on why the Higgs boson is not like a sea of milk that sustains the gods.
- From Skeptic, William S. Moore reviews Where the Conflict Really Lies: Science, Religion, and Naturalism by Alvin Plantinga.
- Keith Ward reviews Evolutionary Religion by J. L. Schellenberg.
- Can an evolutionary explanation of religious beliefs call the contents of those beliefs into question? Charles Pigden says yes — under certain circumstances.
- This is your brain on religion: DF Swaab on uncovering the science of belief.
- 7 reasons why it's easier for humans to believe in God than evolution: Chris Mooney on what science can tell us about our not-so-scientific minds.
- Inside Ken Ham’s mind: Elizabeth Stoker on why the creationist couldn’t sustain a scientific discussion (and more).
- Texas public schools are teaching creationism: Zack Kopplin on an investigation into charter schools’ dishonest and unconstitutional science, history, and “values” lessons.
- Joshua Cowen on how taxpayer-funded schools teach creationism and get away with it.
- Noah took a baby dinosaur on the Ark? Jonny Scaramanga on 5 extremist Christian "science" teachings.
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Omnivore - This Is Your Brain on Religion
From Bookforum's Omnivore blog, this is a cool collection of links on the science and psychology - and pathology - of religious belief.