Continental philosophy in the pellucid register
Sep 25 2013
- From the Journal of French and Francophone Philosophy, a special issue on Julia Kristeva.
- Marta Resmini (K.U.Leuven): Truth in Politics: Audience Democracy vs. Parresia.
- Daniel Nichanian (Chicago): Arguing with Unresponsive Institutions: Jacques Ranciere's Critique of Ontology and the Expansion of Democratic Possibilities.
- Colby Dickinson (Loyola): The Profanation of Revelation: On Language and Immanence in the Work of Giorgio Agamben.
- From Speculations, a special issue on Speculative Realism, including Adam Kotsko (Shimer): A Very Dangerous Supplement: Speculative Realism, Academic Blogging, and the Future of Philosophy; and John Mullarkey (Kingston): How to Behave Like a Non-Philosopher, or, Speculative Versus Revisionary Metaphysics.
- Ishay Landa reviews The Rebirth of History: Times of Riots and Uprisings by Alain Badiou.
- Continental philosophy in the pellucid register: Taylor Carman is the go-to guy on 19th and 20th century European philosophy.
- Daniel Coffeen how to read philosophy.
- Philosophy’s film: Nico Baumbach reviews Cinema by Alain Badiou.
- From Critical-Theory.com, a look at 13 things you didn’t know about Deleuze and Guattari (and part 2); Connor Syrewicz writes in defense of obscurantism; a Redditor offers best profanity-laced explanation of Foucault ever; and a look at 5 great introductory theory and philosophy lecture series freely available online (and books).