Here is another cool RSA Animate - this one is based on Dave Coplin's Re-Imagining Work talk at The RSA. As a side note, I want to be a Chief Envisioning Officer . . . sounds like a cool gig.
Dave Coplin is Chief Envisioning Officer for Microsoft UK.Enjoy.
Since joining Microsoft in 2005, Dave has worked across a wide range of sectors and customers, providing strategic advice and guidance around the cost effective use of technology in relation to their business needs.
Dave is an established thought leader in the UK having spent a considerable amount of time in the Public Sector providing leadership and guidance around key technology policy issues like Cloud Computing, Open Government, Open Data and the “consumerisation” of IT.
Prior to joining Microsoft, Dave spent 13 years delivering IT strategy and solutions within the Professional Services industry in the UK, Canada and the Netherlands, helping to build the foundations of a global IT infrastructure.
Published on Sept 25, 2013How can we get people more engaged, more productive, and happier at work? Is technology part of the problem -- and could it also be part of the solution?
Dave Coplin, Chief Envisioning Officer at Microsoft, imagines what might be possible if more organisations embraced the full, empowering potential of technology and encouraged a truly open, collaborative and flexible working culture.
This audio has been edited from the original event by Abi Stephenson, RSA. Animation by Cognitive Media.------
The RSA is a 258 year-old charity devoted to creating social progress and spreading world-changing ideas. For more information about our research, RSA Animates, free events programme and 27,000 strong Fellowship.
- Find out more about the RSA at http://www.thersa.org
- Follow the RSA on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/thersaorg
- Like the RSA on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thersaorg
- RSA Animate – The Power of Outrospection Introspection is out, and outrospection is in. Philosopher and author Roman Krznaric explains how we...
- RSA Animate – The Truth About Dishonesty In this RSA Animate, Dan Ariely explores the circumstances under which would someone would lie...
- RSA Animate – The Power of Networks In this RSA Animate, Manuel Lima, senior UX design lead at Microsoft Bing, explores the...
- RSA Animate – Drive Daniel Pink provides concrete examples of how intrinsic motivation functions both at home and in...
- RSA Animate – The Divided Brain Renowned psychiatrist and writer Iain McGilchrist explains how our 'divided brain' has profoundly altered human...