The undermining of science
FEB 28 2013
- Paul R. Brewer (Delaware): “Science: What’s It Up To?” The Daily Show and the Social Construction of Science.
- From C2C Journal, a special issue on Quacks and Conspiracies: The undermining of science and your health.
- Michael J.I. Brown on Big Bang denial and the search for truth.
- Thomas Nagel is praised by creationists.
- George Dvorsky on how 19-year-old activist Zack Kopplin is making life hell for Louisiana’s creationists.
- Sharon Hill on the trouble with pseudoscience — it can be a catastrophe.
- Bigfoot genome paper “conclusively proves” that Sasquatch is real — and it only took founding a new journal to get the results published.
- “Awash in false findings”: Is most scientific research factually distorted?
- Magnetic Myths: Donald R. Prothero on why magnets and magnetic fields attract New Age flimflam and flapdoodle.
- Mike Jay reviews Hallucinations by Oliver Sacks and Spiritualism, Mesmerism and the Occult, 1800-1920.