The age of moral machines
FEB 25 2013
- From Technology Review, Ray Kurzweil plans tocreate a mind at Google — and have it serve you (and more).
- From Transhumanity, Mark Waser on the “wicked problem” of existential risk with AI (artificial intelligence).
- Colin Allen reviews The Machine Question: Critical Perspectives on AI, Robots, and Ethics by David J. Gunkel.
- Killer instinct: Advances in neuroscience and technology could lead to the mind becoming the ultimate weapon.
- Stephen Pincock on the rise of the (mini) machines: Mimicking nature, nanotechnology is creating machines that can self-assemble and take charge of their environment.
- Our robot children: At what point will we trust robots to kill?
- Killer robots must be stopped, say campaigners: “Autonomous weapons”, which could be ready within a decade, pose grave risk to international law.
- The age of moral machines: An interview with Josh Storrs Hall on nanotech, AI and the Singularity.