Nov 8 2012
- A new issue of The Reasoner is out.
- Jimmy Licon (SFSU): Sceptical Thoughts on Philosophical Expertise.
- Jonathan Head (Keele): Pessimism and Philosophy Today.
- Spare a thought for philosophy: Will Bordell interviews A.C. Grayling.
- From Figure/Ground Communication, an interview with John Lysaker on the nature of the self and human well-being.
- S. G. Lofts reviews The Origins of the Philosophy of Symbolic Forms: Kant, Hegel, and Cassirer by Donald Phillip Verene.
- From 3:AM, Arif Ahmed is a seriously funky philosopher who has never stopped feeling the thrill; and Jerry Fodor is the sharp-shooting killer-app in the philosopher of mind, the Dirty Harry of non-universal modularity, LOT, and representational theories of the mind.
- Robert Guay reviews Introductions to Nietzsche, ed. Robert Pippin.
- Carrie Figdor interviews Jill Gordon, author of Plato’s Erotic World: From Cosmic Origins to Human Death.
- John Dupre reviews Thomas Nagel’s Mind and Cosmos: Why the Materialist Neo-Darwinian Conception of Nature is Almost Certainly False.
- Will Crouch on how to be a high impact philosopher.
- George Dvorsky on 8 great philosophical questions that we’ll never solve.