Friday, September 25, 2009

2010 Integral Theory Conference

It looks like I will be attending the 2010 conference after not being able to make it to the 2008 version. I think I will be a little more involved than simply attending - I'll let you know more when I know more. I look forward to meeting so many of the integral folks I have known online over the years. Should be fun.

Welcome to the 2010 Integral Theory Conference blog!

Posted: August 15th, 2009

We left the last conference feeling extremely positive about the state of the Integral academic community and the value of this type of gathering has for the emerging field of Integral Studies. We are extremely excited to be in active planning for the next event. Among the best of the early news for the 2010 conference is that Robert Kegan has agreed to keynote! We are truly looking forward to his participation.

We received a tremendous amount of positive feedback as well as constructive criticism from last year’s attendees. In our off year, we have compiled the feedback we received and have been thinking hard about how to improve the structure and experience for both participants and presenters. Some changes we are doing for this year include: preconference workshops, extending the length of many presentations so as to allow for more dialogue and interaction, and more “down time” in the schedule for social and community engagement. We are also planning to have a larger presence on the web and a fuller integration and use of technology--using this blog as well as twitter to keep you up-to-date with the workings of the conference. The next 11 months will be a time of intense planning and anticipation and we welcome your ideas and visions for the event.

Yours,

Sean Esbjörn-Hargens Ph.D. & Mark D. Forman Ph.D.

Conference Founders and Organizers


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent, Bill. The conference is in my neck of the woods. Maybe I should resolve to escape homelessness and attend the event, myself. While I might get sniffed at as being some proto-integral creature from an ugly-colored meme, I think I'd be fun and interesting for me.