Thursday, August 09, 2007

Gratitude 8/9/07

Some things I am grateful for today:

1) Water. Due to some plumbing issues (which happens every couple of months around here), I had no water this afternoon for several hours. Makes me grateful for in-door plumbing -- especially since our air-conditioning system runs on water.

2) Football. Tonight was the first pre-season football game on network TV. It's about time. How can anyone get interested in a sport that runs for 8 months and 162+ games? Soon, college football will start, which is the real fun.

3) One of my clients had a small tumor removed from his cheek yesterday. It may be cancerous. But I am grateful that the doctors are not too concerned and he is expected to make a full recovery over the next couple of weeks. He will be in my tonglen practice.

What are you grateful for today?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How to get interested in baseball, you ask? Well, by living with it, treating it like a friend, with lots of stories to uncover, brutha.
md