This week's episode of the Shrink Rap Radio podcast features Pat Ogden, the founder behind Sensorimotor Psychotherapy. Her first, landmark book is Trauma and the Body: A Sensorimotor Approach to Psychotherapy (2006). Her second book, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy: Interventions for Trauma and Attachment, is due out in spring, 2014
Posted on April 17, 2014
A psychology podcast by David Van Nuys, Ph.D.
Pat Ogden, Ph.D. is a pioneer in somatic psychology and the Founder and Educational Director of the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy® Institute, an internationally recognized school specializing in somatic–cognitive approaches for the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder and attachment disturbances. She is co-founder of the Hakomi Institute, a clinician, consultant, international lecturer and trainer, and first author of Trauma and the Body: A Sensorimotor Approach to Psychotherapy. Her second book, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy: Interventions for Trauma and Attachment, due out in spring, 2014, is a practical guide to integrate Sensorimotor Psychotherapy® interventions into the treatment of trauma and attachment issues. Dr. Ogden is currently developing Sensorimotor Psychotherapy® for children, adolescents and families with colleagues.
Check out the following Psychology CE Courses based on listening to Shrink Rap Radio interviews:
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 1 (6 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 2 (7 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 3 (7 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 4 (6 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 5 (7 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Package of the Five Above (33 CEUs)
- Wisdom of The Dream (4 CEUs)
- Positive Psychology (6 CEUs)
- Pros and Cons of Positive Psychology (5 CEUs)
- CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY (32 CEUs)
- Body-Mind: Goodbye to Dualism (6 CEUs)
- Brain: Insights from Neuroscience (8 CEUs)
- Meditation & Psychotherapy (8 CEUs)
- NEW! Crisis & Trauma: Identification, Assessment, & Treatment (15 CEUs)
- Neuroscience and Healing (8 CEUs)
- NEW! The Psychology of Relationships (7 CEUs)
copyright 2014: David Van Nuys, Ph.D.
- Get our iPhone/Android app!
- Get 10% discount on all lectures at The JungPlatform using our discount code: DRDAVE
- You can also earn CEU’s by going to another partner website at Ed4Online!