Can you have religion without God?
Dec 5 2013
- Taylor Davis (UBC): Group Selection in the Evolution of Religion: Genetic Evolution or Cultural Evolution?
- Rob Ninowski on the origins of religion: A historical and methodological review.
- The rise of religion might be all about sex: A study suggests religion might have arisen to protect certain reproductive strategies, like long-term partnership.
- The introduction to God, Sexuality, and the Self by Sarah Coakley.
- Andrea Castillo on New Atheism, moral orders, and the psychology of sanctity.
- David E. Campbell on how it’s social ties — not religion — that makes the faithful give to charity.
- What good is religion? Sigfried Gold wonders.
- Can you have religion without God? Moshe Halbertal on Ronald Dworkin and a religious worldview for secularists (and more).
- Deeper than God: Stanley Fish on Ronald Dworkin’s religious atheism.
- Isaac Chotiner interviews Richard Dawkins on the Pope, fiction, and why Jews win Nobel Prizes.
- Scientists try to reconcile Adam and Eve story, whiff — again.
- What are the odds that Jesus rose from the dead or Moses parted the waves? Even with the best witnesses, vanishingly small.
- From Vice, was Jesus a Roman hoax to trick the Jews?
- Piercarlo Valdesolo on the psychological power of Satan: How a belief in “pure evil” shapes people’s thinking.
- Is secularism unprincipled? Ian Pollock wonders.
- Billy Sichone on why Bertrand Russell rejected Christianity.
- London-based “atheist church” launches new congregation in Nashville.
- Adam Lee on why people are flocking to a new wave of secular communities: Atheist churches.