Awesome! Louis Cozolino, PhD, is the author of some excellent books on neuroscience, relationships, psychotherapy, the aging brain, and education: The Making of a Therapist: A Practical Guide for the Inner Journey (2004), The Neuroscience of Human Relationships: Attachment And the Developing Social Brain (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology) (2006), The Healthy Aging Brain: Sustaining Attachment, Attaining Wisdom (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology) (2008), The Neuroscience of Psychotherapy: Healing the Social Brain (Second Edition) (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology) (2010), and The Social Neuroscience of Education: Optimizing Attachment and Learning in the Classroom (Norton Books in Education) (2013).
In this week's Shrink Rap Radio, Dr. David Van Nuys interviews Dr. Cozolino on the neuroscience of psychotherapy. I was fortunate to see Dr. Cozolino at the Psychotherapy Networker Conference in Washington, D.C. a few years back - he made the neuroscience of attachment understandable in ways no one else I have heard talk has done (aside from Dr. Dan Siegel).
Shrink Rap Radio #336 – The Neuroscience of Psychotherapy with Louis Cozolino PhD
Louis Cozolino, PhD is a professor of psychology at Pepperdine University and a therapist in private practice in Los Angeles. He is the author of five books The Neuroscience of Psychotherapy, The Social Neuroscience of Education, The Neuroscience of Human Relationships, The Healthy Aging Brain and The Making of a Therapist. He has also authored and co-authored research articles and book chapters on child abuse, schizophrenia, language and cognition including the chapter on Sensation, Perception and Cognition for the current edition of The Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry.
You can find all of these books on his Norton site by clicking here.
Check out the following Psychology CE Courses based on listening to Shrink Rap Radio interviews:
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 1 (6 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 2 (7 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 3 (7 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 4 (6 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 5 (7 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Package of the Five Above (33 CEUs)
- Wisdom of The Dream (4 CEUs)
- Positive Psychology (6 CEUs)
- Pros and Cons of Positive Psychology (5 CEUs)
- CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY (32 CEUs)
- Body-Mind: Goodbye to Dualism (6 CEUs)
- Brain: Insights from Neuroscience (8 CEUs)
- Meditation & Psychotherapy (8 CEUs)Get our iPhone/Android app!
Get 25% discount on all lectures at The JungPlatform using our discount code: DRDAVE
A psychology podcast by David Van Nuys, Ph.D.
copyright 2013: David Van Nuys, Ph.D.