- From io9, George Dvorsky on how to live forever by turning your brain into plastic.
- The marketplace in your brain: Neuroscientists have found brain cells that compute value — why are economists ignoring them?
- A review of The Ravenous Brain: How the New Science of Consciousness Explains Our Insatiable Search for Meaning by Daniel Bor.
- You're far less in control of your brain than you think, study finds.
- The brain trust: Columbia’s Mind, Brain, and Behavior Initiative is probing the final frontier — the space between our ears.
- Mark Buchanan on how hacking the human brain can save civilization.
- Virtual brain technology to work: A powerful new approach to artificial intelligence is ready to improve many Google products.
- David Deutsch on how philosophy will be the key that unlocks artificial intelligence: AI is achievable, but it will take more than computer science and neuroscience to develop machines that think like people.
- Creative blocks: The very laws of physics imply that artificial intelligence must be possible — what's holding us up? (and a response by Ben Goertzel)
- Alexander Kruel on why he’s skeptical about risks from AI.
Monday, November 19, 2012
Bookforum Omnivore - Brain, Mind, and Technology
Another collection of interesting brain and mind links from Bookforum's Omnivore, including several links on artificial intelligence (pro and skeptic).