Jul 20 2012
- From NDPR, a review of The Species Problem: A Philosophical Analysis by Richard Richards.
- Bodies with histories: A review of Epigenetics: The Ultimate Mystery of Inheritance by Richard Francis, The Nature of Race: How Scientists Think and Teach about Human Difference by Ann Morning, and Fatal Invention: How Science, Politics, and Big Business Re-create Race in the Twenty-first Century by Dorothy Roberts.
- Razib Khan on how human races may have biological meaning, but races mean nothing about humanity.
- A review of Aping Mankind: Neuromania, Darwinitis and the Misrepresentation of Humanity by Raymond Tallis.
- From Slate, Sam Kean blogs the human genome.
- An excerpt from The Epigenetics Revolution: How Modern Biology Is Rewriting Our Understanding of Genetics, Disease, and Inheritance by Nessa Carey.
- A review of The Spark of Life: Electricity in the Human Body by Frances Ashcroft.
- New evidence proves humans are continuing to evolve and that significant natural and sexual selection is still taking place in our species in the modern world.