Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I am Not 2nd Tier, Nor Am I Integral


Since Blogger (and Facebook, for that matter) took it upon itself to change my blog template without my consent, it seems like the perfect sign from the Kosmos to redefine my mission here.

I am not 2nd tier, nor am I integral.

That's it. That is my new manifesto.

So maybe now Joe Perez can find something better to do with his time than to continually write negative things about me and this blog (see here, here, here, here - there's probably others, but I really don't care).

I'm done with the integral community, with integral people, with integral blogging, and so on.

Seriously, the number of people who have even heard of Ken Wilber and AQAL is embarrassingly small and that won't change for the better. Over the last 10-15 years I have watched the integral community become a parody of dysfunctional spiritual communities, which is likely what will always happen when stage chasing (and tier bigotry) becomes more important than the work. I don't need that kind of ass-backward elitism in my life.

If the world is currently at or near 7 billion people, there are about 6.9999 billion of them who could not possibly care any less about integral theory. Many of them need clean water, food, shelter, medicine, and mental health care.

You want to change the world? Go help those people live better lives.


Post a Comment