How we all can get involved to stop childhood hunger and starvation . . . .
THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED IN ENDING CHILDHOOD HUNGER
Share Our Strength prides itself on its renowned platforms to end childhood hunger for the nearly 17 million American children facing this invisible hunger.
Participate in One of Our Events or Programs
- Share Our Strength’s Taste of the Nation launches with a sold out event in DC! Join the nation’s hottest chefs and mixologists at more than 40 Taste of the Nation events across the country. Events are volunteer-run and 100% of ticket sales help fight childhood hunger in America. For more information or to buy a ticket .
- Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale, presented by Domino Sugar and C&H, is a national campaign that mobilizes Americans to end childhood hunger by holding bake sales in their communities. This year’s campaign runs until July 31. Join us and hold a bake sale.
- Share Our Strength’s A Tasteful Pursuit® is a national touring dinner series that features some of the nation’s best chefs who take their talents to the nation’s top culinary cities to create delicious, multi-course dinners paired with ultra-premium wines. Nearly a dozen dinners this year. All benefit Share Our Strength’s work to end childhood hunger in America. Attend an event.
- Share Our Strength’s Great American Dine Out is a new national campaign that mobilizes thousands of restaurants and millions of consumers to dine out and help fight childhood hunger. Participate in the Great American Dine Out, September 20-26, 2009, and help end childhood hunger in America.
- Share Our Strength’s Cooking Matters™ is a nutrition education program that teaches low-income families how to get the most nutrition out of a limited budget. Volunteer.
Make a Donation
A little show of strength from your checkbook will go a long way for America’s nearly 17 million children who face hunger. Donate Now.
Having the strength to give a little of your time is one of the greatest gifts these kids will ever receive. Choose your favorite way to volunteer with a Share Our Strength event or program.
Hold a Food Drive
Food drives are essential sources of food for community food banks. They rely heavily on food donations to distribute much needed food to struggling people. Learn more about how you can hold a food drive, but remember to take pictures and then tell us about your experiences via email or on facebook.
Become a Sponsor
We’ve earned the reputation for being one of America’s most effective nonprofits and won acclaim for our enterprising corporate partnerships. If you’re interested becoming a corporate sponsor with Share Our Strength and our efforts to end childhood hunger, learn more.
Involve your organization
Workplaces, social and professional groups, parent groups, places of worship, charities and more can hold a Great American Bake Sale, buy tickets to our culinary events or donate services, product or dollars. If you’re a restaurant, we have even more ways you can help.