Thursday, June 14, 2007

Gratitude 6/14/07

Some things I am grateful for today:

1) I got 8 hours of sleep last night for the first time in weeks.

2) I saw a few minutes of Oprah today in which she was talking to the straight guy who lived for 30 days with a gay man in SF's Castro district. It was cool to see that he was able to accept that gay people deserve all the rights of citizenship that straight people have. And it was cool to see how supportive the gay man was in helping his new roommate adapt to the "foreign" culture of the Castro.

It reaffirms my belief that if people actually get to know each other, the walls break down and we begin to see that all human beings face the same struggles and deserve the same compassion.

3) Once again, I am grateful for air conditioning on a 103 degree day in the desert.

What are you grateful for?


No comments: