Saturday, October 28, 2006

Thems Some Fierce Beavers

For about 3 months in the fall of 1985, I was an Oregon State Beaver. Let's just say that ended badly -- in a cloud of LSD-induced hallucinations and a 0.0 GPA.

Still, I harbor some fond memories (well, I think they're memories) of my time there, which on a few nights seemed like all of eternity crammed into a single beat of my heart. I might have even gone to a football game or two. There was beer, lots of beer.

Anyway, I still follow Beaver athletics on occasion, although they haven't had much to cheer about this season (other than kicking the crap out of my adopted Washington Huskies).

Until today.

Those lowly Beavers rose up today and smote the third-ranked USC Trojans. Yep, 33-31, in Corvallis.

Ah, it's a good day to be an Oregonian, sort of. Well, I lived there for 15 years -- longer than anywhere else. Yeah, okay. Whatever.


No comments: