Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Six Word Stories

Wired magazine has some six word stories inspired by Hemingway's famous, "For sale: baby shoes, never worn." There are 59 stories at the website not in the print magazine.

These are all from famous or near-famous writers. Some are brilliant, some not so much. My favorite is from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Serenity scribe Joss Whedon:
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so.
Here are some others I liked:

Longed for him. Got him. Shit.
- Margaret Atwood

His penis snapped off; he’s pregnant!
- Rudy Rucker

Kirby had never eaten toes before.
- Kevin Smith

Nevertheless, he tried a third time.
- James P. Blaylock

Thought I was right. I wasn't.
- Graeme Gibson

I saw, darling, but do lie.
- Orson Scott Card

Anyone have one they'd like to share? Please add yours to the comments.


No comments: