Sunday, July 02, 2006

Bryce Canyon Boggles My Mind

Zion is beautiful (more pictures to come), and I probably like it best of the Southwest parks I've been to, but Bryce Canyon boggles my feeble little mind.



The sheer magnitude of the landscape is so impressive that I felt tiny and insignificant. I love that feeling.



And the diversity of natural formations – all of them limestone – that have been created by frost-wedging and the “dissolving power of rainwater” is amazing. I took more than 160 pictures today at Bryce, and few of them look the same.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And, as always, I am fascinated by trees. I took many pictures of trees, but these two are among the best.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Finally, no trip is complete if I don't make some friends. This first guy just ran right up to me and stood there, probably waiting for me to feed him. He was sorely disappointed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And this guy is probably a long lost brother or cousin. Certainly, he is a family member – one of the few I want to have any contact with.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ravens are not only one of the smartest creatures on the planet, they are also one of the most beautiful.


Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Alex said...

This is a great blog. I have been to Bryce Canyon and experienced the same feeling. Your pictures are fantastic and capture extremely well the vastness of this impressive landscape. BRAVO!
Thanks for sharing them with us.
Cheers!
Alex