Sunday, July 02, 2006

Bryce Canyon Boggles My Mind

Zion is beautiful (more pictures to come), and I probably like it best of the Southwest parks I've been to, but Bryce Canyon boggles my feeble little mind.



The sheer magnitude of the landscape is so impressive that I felt tiny and insignificant. I love that feeling.



And the diversity of natural formations – all of them limestone – that have been created by frost-wedging and the “dissolving power of rainwater” is amazing. I took more than 160 pictures today at Bryce, and few of them look the same.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And, as always, I am fascinated by trees. I took many pictures of trees, but these two are among the best.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Finally, no trip is complete if I don't make some friends. This first guy just ran right up to me and stood there, probably waiting for me to feed him. He was sorely disappointed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And this guy is probably a long lost brother or cousin. Certainly, he is a family member – one of the few I want to have any contact with.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ravens are not only one of the smartest creatures on the planet, they are also one of the most beautiful.


Technorati Tags: , , ,
Post a Comment