Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Gratitude


Today I'm grateful for a new book I just started reading called The Union of Dzogchen and Bodhichitta, by Anyen Rinpoche, translated by Allison Graboksi. I suspect I will be posting quotes from this book as I get more into the meat of it.

I am also grateful for good dharma teachers in general. One day I will find one to study with in person, but until then, good books will have to suffice.

Finally, for today, I am grateful that shadow work is not as easy as it sounds. If we really want to know our shadows, we must spend time with our projections and with our subpersonalities. There are no shortcuts. It is very rewarding to do the work and see through my illusions about who I am or what I believe. And as Siona pointed out, the true test of shadow work is relationship, and I am grateful to be in relationship with a woman who also wants to reclaim her projections.

For what are you grateful?

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: