Friday, April 21, 2006

Gratitude

[Due to technical difficulties, last night's gratitude post wouldn't stick. So here it is, a new morning, and I am hoping the gremlins in the Blogger servers are busy doing something else.]

Today I am grateful for a week away from the news. I haven't quit the news completely, but compared to my prior obsession, it feels like I hardly know what is going on in the world. I feel lighter as a result.

I know not much has changed in the last week. George is still king, and Donald is still the Black Knight. But unplugging from the daily tide of bad news feels good.

So I will continue to stay unplugged for a while. Raven's View will never return in the form it once had. Soon, I think I might just delete the whole thing in some kind of purification ceremony.

I am grateful for what I learned about American politics in doing that blog, but I am even more grateful to be done with it.

What are you grateful for?

No comments: