Friday, April 14, 2006

Gratitude


It's hard to give up things that aren't working in our lives. Or, I should say, it's hard for me to give up things that aren't working in my life. I started blogging in December of 2004 with no clear vision of what I wanted out of blogging except that I felt "called" to do it. Over the last year and half, one blog became three specialty blogs.

Raven's View was a good outlet for me at first. But over time, the more I gave it my energy and attention, the more it consumed my time and my life. Giving it up feels like giving up an addiction. I find myself with a hole in my life that was filled by that blog. However, for good or bad, I have some experience giving up addictions, so I'm sure I'll get through this period of withdrawal.

I'll have more energy now to devote to IOC, which feels like a good move. It feels important to give more energy to the areas in my life that nourish me and less to the areas that consume me. I have been so caught up in the flow of news cycles that I have forgotten what it is like to have free time to do whatever I want. I want to use that time in ways that will feed my soul.

So, today I am grateful for the strength to give up an unhealthy addiction. I am grateful for the self-awareness to see that Raven's View had become an addiction. I am grateful for the people who have been supportive of this decision.

AND, I will be grateful if regular readers might tell me what they'd like to see more of in this blog. Please leave your comments in this post, or use the email button in the sidebar.

So, what are you grateful for?
Post a Comment