Dr. Donald Kalsched's Trauma and the Soul: A psycho-spiritual approach to human development and its interruption (2013) was one of my Best Books for 2013, and it was the long-awaited follow-up to his now classic first book, The Inner World of Trauma: Archetypal Defences of the Personal Spirit (1996). The unique depth and insight of his trauma model, which is partly Jungian, partly relational/intersubjective (psychoanalytic), partly somatic, and probably some other parts, as well, is innovative and powerful.
My friend Monica also posted recently about Dr. Kalsched - check it out at her excellent blog, Beyond Meds.
Dr. David Van Nuys
Posted on August 14, 2014
Donald Kalsched, Ph.D. is a Clinical Psychologist and Jungian Psychoanalyst in private practice in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He is a senior training analyst with the Inter-Regional Society of Jungian Analysts where he teaches and supervises. His 1996 book The Inner World of Trauma: Archetypal Defenses of the Personal Spirit has found a wide readership in both psychoanalytic and Jungian circles and has been translated into many languages. Dr. Kalsched teaches and lectures nationally and internationally, pursuing his inter-disciplinary interest in early trauma and dissociation theory and its mytho-poetic manifestations in the mythic and religious iconography of many cultures. His latest book Trauma and the Soul: A Psycho-Spiritual Approach to Human Development and its Interruption, was published in April, 2013.
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 1 (6 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 2 (7 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 3 (7 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 4 (6 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Part 5 (7 CEUs)
- Jungian Psychotherapy Package of the Five Above (33 CEUs)
- Wisdom of The Dream (4 CEUs)
- Positive Psychology (6 CEUs)
- Pros and Cons of Positive Psychology (5 CEUs)
- NEW! The Fundamentals of Positive Psychology (6 CEUs)
- CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY (32 CEUs)
- Body-Mind: Goodbye to Dualism (6 CEUs)
- Brain: Insights from Neuroscience (8 CEUs)
- Meditation & Psychotherapy (8 CEUs)
- NEW! Crisis & Trauma: Identification, Assessment, & Treatment (15 CEUs)
- Neuroscience and Healing (8 CEUs)
- NEW! The Psychology of Relationships (7 CEUs)