The future of human beings
MAY 2 2013
- From Transhumanity, what should transhumanity regard as it’s primary goal? Extropia DaSilva wonders; and Zeev Kirsch on transhumanism’s schism: Are we motivated by greed or humanism?
- Julian Savulescu and Robert Sparrow debate the ethics of genetic enhancement in “Making Better Babies, Pro and Con”.
- From IEET, is human enhancement disenchanting? John Danaher wonders (and part 2).
- John Danaher on the need for epistemic enhancement.
- Building a “better” brain: As early as the 1950s, psychologist David Krech foresaw the power and the peril of cognitive enhancement — prescient concerns that live on today.
- Greg Miller on the hidden costs of cognitive enhancement.
- How much longer until humanity becomes a hive mind?
- From h+1, Selena Erkızan on science fiction and the future of human beings: Imagination, evolution and the anthropocentric myths.