This collection, part two of a series, comes from PsyBlog's 10 Most Popular Psychological Insights From 2012. PsyBlog is created and written by Jeremy Dean, who is currently a researcher at University College London, working towards a PhD, having previously completed an MSc in Research Methods in Psychology at the same institution.
I'm just posting the 10 Psychological Insights - follow the title link to Dean's site to read the whole post. Or you can just read the stories you are interested in by following the link for each of the 10 items.
PsyBlog’s 10 Most Popular Psychological Insights From 2012
How the mind works, the dark side of creativity and how to be a great leader: these and more...
Here's my review of the psychological insights covered here on PsyBlog in 2012 that have proved most popular with you, the readers.
1. How the mind works
2. How to be a great leader
3. The dark side of creativity
4. Why the incompetent don't know they're incompetent
5. Psychological distance: 10 effects of a simple mind hack
6. Why do people yawn?
7. How to defeat persistent unwanted thoughts
8. Memory enhanced by a simple break after reading
9. How memory works
10. Making Habits, Breaking Habits
~ Image credit: Corie Howell