- Joseph Bulbulia (VUW): Spreading Order: Religion, Cooperative Niche Construction, and Risky Coordination Problems.
- Marie von der Lippe (Stavanger): Reality Can Bite: Perspectives of Young People on the Role of Religion in Their World.
- From the Journal for Cultural and Religious Theory, John D. Caputo (Syracuse): The Return of Anti-Religion:
- From Radical Atheism to Radical Theology; and a review of The Death of God: An Investigation into the History of the Western Concept of God by Frederiek Depoortere.
- From the Journal of Religion and Society, Ronald A. Simkins (Creighton): Biblical Studies as a Secular Discipline: The Role of Faith and Theology; and Louis Ernesto Mora (PPC) and Wilson McDermut (St. John's): Religious Fundamentalism and How it Relates to Personality, Irrational Thinking, and Defense Mechanisms.
- Can a religion survive being stripped of its superstitions?
- An interview with Alex Rosenberg, author of The Atheist’s Guide to Reality: Enjoying Life Without Illusions.
- A review of Religion for Atheists by Alain de Botton (and more).
- Physics as metaphysics: Is there a quantum spirituality?
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Bookforum Omnivore - On the Role of Religion
Bookforum's Omnivore collects a whole mess of links having to do with religion in contemporary culture. One of the interesting articles is from Julian Baggini on stripping Buddhism of its superstitions.