Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Vertical Leap

I've been working on my vertical leap with box jumps. I'm up to 42" and my workout buddy is up to 46" - for a single leap. We're both about 6' tall and around 200 lbs (me) and 185 lbs (him).

Our jumps are pretty good, for us. But not compared to these guys. Our jumps are most like this first guy, no steps. I'm thinking the guy jumping out of the pool is pretty impressive, although there are a couple of videos of other people doing it, including a skinny swimmer.

Mike Guadango adds an inch to his record setting box jump with this 55" attempt.


Frank Yang jumps on a 58 inch box from a sitting position.


New York Yankee Cody Ransom performing a one step 60in box jump at Triple Threat Performance.


Adrian Wilson of the Arizona Cardinals is up and over a 66 inch hurdle with a three-step start.


42" 1 leg box jump


Jarron Gilbert (NFL) jumping out of a pool.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the pool jump seems to be a fake.

not even a good one.