Saturday, November 08, 2008

Maya Angelou On Barack Obama: "We All Rise"

Beautiful . . . found at Jerzebel.

Maya Angelou On Barack Obama: "We All Rise"




I double dog dare you to watch this Maya Angelou interview from today's CBS Early Show without tearing up. "I am so filled with pride for my country," Angelou tells anchor Harry Smith. "We are growing up! My God, I'm so grateful." Of Barack Obama, Angelou says, "He's intelligent. I don't mean intellectually clever. I mean intelligent. What used to be called mother wit. He has common sense, which is most uncommon." Her words are so incredibly inspiring, and she wraps up her CBS appearance by reciting from her classic poem, "Still I Rise." "My lord," Angelou exclaims, "I'm an American, baby!"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, no way, I couldn't do it! How beautiful. There are just no words to describe my happiness at watching Obama giving his speech. One more step...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful