Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Absolute and the Manifest


Absolute Spirit is the fundamental reality. But in order to create the world, the Absolute manifests itself, or goes out of itself--in a sense, the Absolute forgets itself and empties itself into creation (although never really ceasing to be itself). Thus the world is created as a "falling away" from Spirit, as a "self-alienation" of Spirit, although the Fall is never anything but a play of Spirit itself.
-Ken Wilber, The Marriage of Sense and Soul

I so easily get lost in the 10,000 things that I forget they are all just variations of the One. For the next hour I will try to hold in my consciousness that all of this is Spirit--me, my clients, the traffic on the road--the whole buzzing mess of my world.

This wildly amazing Kosmos is all just Spirit growing back to itself with increased awareness. My goal for this limited life is to align myself as much as possible with that process.
Post a Comment