Sunday, July 15, 2007

Gratitude 7/15/07

Today I am grateful for many things:

1) The monsoon returned tonight, although not in full force. Still, the light rain is needed and the light show is nice.

2) I have rediscovered my love of salad, specifically organic mixed greens (especially baby spinach), topped with a garlic basted baked chicken breast (free range and diced), and lighted dressed with am organic roasted garlic vinaigrette. Yum! But I probably reek of garlic.

3) Sports: I watched an entertaining match as Brazil defeated Argentina for the Copa America. These countries are the two best exponents of "the beautiful game." And the Tour de France has gotten into the mountains in the last couple of days, which is when things get interesting.

4) I have decided not to do the Kripalu/IFS retreat next month. Financially, it is a bad choice with the prospect of paying for school next year.

5) In light of #4, I have decided to rededicate myself to sitting each day, even if it is only for a few minutes. Even a quick session each day is better than sporadic sittings when I have time.

6) I started rereading Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind today. It's been ten years since I last read it, and even though Zen isn't my thing, it's a very useful book.

What are you grateful for today?


No comments: