Monday, August 13, 2007

Gratitude 8/13/07

Some things I am grateful for today:

1) My friend Susie made a very cogent observation last night that helped me identify an exiled subpersonality -- my shamed teenager. This is a disowned self that I haven't really recognized before, and getting to know it won't be fun -- but it's a crucial bit of work that I need to do. I'm grateful for Susie's wisdom.

2) I was talking with one of my clients (who is 15 years younger than I am) and he had never heard of Nehi. When I was a wee tyke growing up in Southern Oregon, Blue Creme Nehi was my favorite soda. Until about mid-way through college, I could still find it in one small store in a little grocery store (more like a General Store) in Provost, Oregon. I'm grateful that I had the experience of Blue Nehi.

3) I had a great heart-and-lungs weight training session today. None of the exercises were tough weight wise, but they are designed to use as many muscles as possible to make weight training feel like cardio.

What are you grateful for today?


No comments: