Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Change of Scenery

One of the bright spots in my current life situation is that I am no longer tied to Tucson in any real way. It would be sad to leave my clients -- who I really do care about -- but now I can live anywhere I want.

I'm not sure I want to leave Tucson, yet. I need to sit with it for a while. My lease is up at the end of March, so I have a little time to plan, make some trips, and find work.

High on the list (if I do leave) are returning to Seattle, moving to Denver/Boulder, or going back to Oregon (either Portland or Eugene). One factor to consider is that I can transfer to any Ballys location in the country, so I would have to pick a city with a Ballys (which leaves out Eugene).

It's really tempting to go someplace I've never lived before, which would eliminate Seattle and Portland. Here's what I want in a place: seasons, progressive politics, nearby nature, cultural activities (especially literature), a recreational soccer league, and sidewalks (Tucson doesn't really have sidewalks).

Anyone have any suggestions?


1 comment:

MD said...

All that and more in Chicago (but you already know dat). Good luck in your search.
md