Thursday, March 13, 2008

Greetings from Houston

I'm sitting in the Houston airport waiting for my connection to Washington DC. I'm on my way to the Psychotherapy Networker Conference. I skipped the first day -- today -- and am doing three day long sessions on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The last two days are both with Richard Schwartz, creator of Internal Family Systems Therapy. Needless to say, for those who know me and my interest in IFS, I am stoked. (Does anyone say "stoked" anymore?)

I don't really have anything to say -- I'm just bored and I have a free connection.

If you're bored too, you might want to check out the The Very Best of The Hubble Telescope. Enjoy it while you can -- according to an article I just read in Scientific American, in about 100 billion years, the rest of the universe (aside from the now combined Milky Way and Andromeda Galaxies) will be invisible, having expanded beyond the event horizon (the particle horizon of the observable universe). To scientists observing the universe then, it will appear as though the Milky Way is a lone galaxy in endless, static space, just as was thought as the turn of the 19th century and into the 20th.


No comments: