Friday, January 25, 2008

Lojong Poems: Five

[Introduction]

Lojong Poems: Five

Stay in the primeval consciousness, the basis of everything

the mind is a monsoon of wind and rain
thoughts like thunder, initial dust kicked up
and the pounding torrents drowning all
awareness of anything but the simple storm

I would bare myself to the elements, allow
the wet to permeate my skin, chilled
by the sudden drop in temperature, exposed
beneath a darkened sky, lost but nor far

from whatever truth washes over me
dismisses thought, the abandonment of name
and identity, flashes of lightning and harrowing
gusts, the desert swallows me whole

relinquishing the safety of knowing, witnessing
the panic of doves fly over me without
needing to run in-doors, to save myself
from the dissolution of what is known

standing in the storm, grasping nothing
by which to save myself, everything is lost
submerged, exposing the hidden bedrock
of what is means to be human


No comments: