Thursday, June 28, 2007

Gratitude 6/28/07

Some things I am grateful for today:

1) A great workout. It feels good to push my body and have it respond. I like to sweat, work hard, and lose myself in the single-minded presence of training.

2) The US and Mexico were invited (as finalists in the Copa Oro) as guests in the Copa America. Mexico brought its best team against a young and inexperienced Brazil last night and won 2-0. The US took a young and VERY inexperienced team against Argentina's best team tonight and looked as young as they are (down 3-1 with some time left). Still, I have been enjoying watching some good international soccer, even if it is only on the Spanish speaking networks.

3) I feel like I have finally emerged from the darkness of the last 7 weeks. I know more about who I am, and I know that as much as loss hurts, it would hurt even more not be friends with the woman I was seeing. She is a special person, and I miss her friendship as much as I miss all the rest of it. And there still is hope of a positive outcome.

What are you grateful for today?


No comments: